Royal Closet Raid of the Day: April 20 - WEDDING FLOWERS
News Update
Loading...

Royal Closet Raid of the Day: April 20

I was disappointed we didn't get to see any of Queen Margrethe's nieces and nephews at her birthday bash last week, so I'm making up for it closet raid style, that thing we do where we pick the look we love so much we'd like it for our very own. Today's honoree (sure, we'll call it that): Princess Marie-Chantal!
With Crown Prince Pavlos at Princess Madeleine of Sweden's wedding, 2013
You know I love me some OTT Big Time Princessing, but I have love for those that can do it on a more casual scale, too. This whole look is perfectly put together without trying too hard. The white of the dress and the diamonds with the navy and blue sash of the Order of Saints Olga and Sophia feels crisp and fresh, and the jewels (one of my favorite fringe tiaras, with small diamond earrings and a long, thin necklace) are just the right amount of added interest.
The dress is a surprisingly simple number from Valentino Couture, the Fall 2011 collection. Marie-Chantal had it made in white, and Qatar's Sheikha Mozah had it made in navy:
I'll stick with Marie-Chantal's version, though, accessories included. My runners up include that Dolce & Gabbana number also owned by Crown Princess Victoria, and the Oscar de la Renta worn the night before this appearance. I'll be dreaming of an M-C-sized shopping spree tonight...sigh.

Photos: via Getty Images as indicated, Style.com

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
Wondering what style of flower bouquets you'll choose for your big day?
Done