Royal Outfits of the Day: April 27

Two outfits today, one I should like that I don't, and one I shouldn't that I do. It doesn't make any more sense than that sentence did.
Take this, for instance: Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary celebrated the anniversary of the Hotel d'Angleterre, and Mary wore a black dress from Ole Yde's YDE label with a tiered tulle skirt.
So this is basically the little sister to that black Carolina Herrera gown that Queen Letizia wore last year. And I looooved that gown. Therefore...I should like this gown...and yet, NOPE.
I blame the bodice. Maybe just borrow the dress from Leti next time?

And then there's Crown Princess Mette-Marit, still doing her version of wardrobe musical chairs, grabbing whatever's at hand when the music stops.
And much to my surprise, I think I like it this time! Sure, I'd change the skirt, because I can always find something to change. But the sweater manages to feel very much in the M-M style without being a) black or white, b) covered in flowers, or c) covered in ruffles. A change I can get behind.
The sweater is from Burberry Prorsum
The whole world's gone topsy turvy, I'm telling you.

Photos: as indicated and YDE, Style.com


EmoticonEmoticon

wedding flowers, wedding dresses, wedding songs, wedding invitation wording, wedding rings, wedding wire, wedding invitations, wedding paper divas, wedding vows, wedding dresses 2018 wedding flowers, wedding dresses, wedding songs, wedding invitation wording, wedding rings, wedding wire, wedding invitations, wedding paper divas, wedding vows, wedding dresses 2018