Royal State Visit of the Day: June 4

The King and Queen of Spain have finally embarked on their delayed first state visit abroad to France, and it has been a festival of new outfits. And it's all...fine. Appropriate! Check mark, passing grade. I mean, there's nothing much here that's flipping my skirt up, but perhaps you'll have better luck...

Does déjà vu equate to a French tribute? Because that's what I've got here. A new Felipe Varela outfit, but the same blergh-y feel as the thing she wore for their introductory visit to France.

Also from day 1, this repeated Carolina Herrera skirt is better in action. If I were Letizia, I'd demand people only photograph me while descending grand staircases.

Following in the footsteps of Queen Silvia's approach to the French-set totally boring state banquet dress code, I shall give Letizia her due credit for dressing as fancy as possible, right up to the hairdo and the new earrings. A slightly sparkly and heavily embellished Felipe Varela was a step above what anyone else sported. The men wore suits.

I don't really understand this combo, this coat with this color of suit underneath. Well, I don't understand orange-y reds and sleeveless suits to start with, so I'm left clinging to the coat.

This, on the other hand, is a safari for which I would gladly sign up.

Photos: via Getty Images as indicated


EmoticonEmoticon

wedding flowers, wedding dresses, wedding songs, wedding invitation wording, wedding rings, wedding wire, wedding invitations, wedding paper divas, wedding vows, wedding dresses 2018 wedding flowers, wedding dresses, wedding songs, wedding invitation wording, wedding rings, wedding wire, wedding invitations, wedding paper divas, wedding vows, wedding dresses 2018