After seeing endless videos/pictures on social media of everyone's favourite treats encased in cookie dough, I knew I had to get baking! My boyfriend and I fell in love with the oreo-filled choc chip cookies and began to prepare a recipe...
Gather the ingredients below and follow our method to bake some of the best cookies you've ever tasted. If you do end up making some/a variation of these cookies, don't forget to send us a picture of them via my Twitter/Instagram Direct Messaging.
Ingredients (serves 10) :
200g Caster Sugar
400g Plain Flour
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
200g Chocolate Chips (100g White Choc & 100g Milk Choc)
1. Grease your baking tray and preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cut the margarine into small cubes, place in a bowl and mix the sugar until a fluffy mixture is formed.
3. Add both eggs to the mixture and stir.
4. Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl - if your mixture looks like the desired dough, begin to knead.
5. After kneading the dough, incorporate your choice of decoration/added extras (ours were white and milk choc chips!!!)
6. On a clean surface, break a small section of the dough mixture and press until a flattened, circular shape is achieved. Place an oreo, or your specified treat, onto the dough and fold the outer layer so the oreo is completely covered.
7. Repeat step six for the rest of the mixture. Place on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remember to leave them to cool on a rack for a further 10 minutes after being in the oven.
8. ENJOY! Eat them alone or acquire some mint chocolate ice cream as an added touch - it tastes amazing!
I hope you all enjoyed this slightly different post - comment below if you would like to see more recipes on my blog in the future. :-)
Lots of love