Without further ado, I present to you one of my favourite recipes - with a twist! I absolutely love making chocolate tiffin (malteser being my absolute fave) so since it is Easter Sunday, I thought I would bring you a delicious, easy-to-make dessert, mini egg style.
I hope you like the recipe and don't forget to send me photos on Instagram/Twitter if you try it out!
225g Digestive biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
4 tsp Cocoa Powder
225g Milk Chocolate
150g Mini Eggs
1. Crush all the digestive biscuits up and place in a mixing bowl. I recommend crushing them in a bag and using a rolling pin.
2. Melt the margarine, syrup, sugar and cocoa powder over a saucepan. Once melted, add 3/4 of the mini eggs to the mixture.
3. Pour the melted mixture into the bowl holding the crushed biscuits. Mix thoroughly and pour into a baking tin.
4. Melt the milk chocolate in a separate saucepan and pour over the mixture in the baking tin.
5. Decorate the top with the remaining mini eggs (or any other easter treats) and leave in the fridge for 15+ minutes.
This Easter, I kindly asked my family NOT to buy me any Easter eggs - I am reaaaaally trying to eat better and hundreds of choccie calories were not going to do my belly any favours! Instead, I was fortunate enough to receive some vouchers, cuddly toys and money (with a couple of chocolate presents here and there).
I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter, whether you are spending it with friends, family or for some, working. Have a fabulous day! Now...off to my Nan's for a lovely family dinner.
Lots of love