Brand Focus : Butter London - WEDDING FLOWERS
News Update
Loading...

Brand Focus : Butter London


Vibrancy and intensity are always summer 'thing' but this year companies are going crazy to compete for the best, unique range of summer perfect products. For some reason, the sun energizes me and gives me more confidence in my skin and my general being. I'm not sure exactly why that is but I'm sure that there is a scientific reason for it - everyone associates the sun with positivity after all...

Butter London is a brand I'm sure most of you have heard of - they are a company who are infamously known for their buttery, opaque nail polishes. Being rather slow in the grips of social media, I never really knew they sold other makeup products so when I got the opportunity to give some of their cosmetics a test, I was more than merrier to do so. Personally, I'm a huge fan of glossy, bright lips in the summer - moisture is key and I cannot stand matte lipsticks sinking into the crevices of my lips. NO THANK YOU. Instead, I opted for some very 'out there' liquid lipsticks that leave a glossy shine.




Fortunately, Butter London ever so kindly wrapped up two nail polishes to accompany my requested liquid lipsticks. I was thrilled to see varnishes that matched the seasonal colour scheme - bright oranges and yellows are incredibly eye-catching and on the nails, they can add extra warmth to a Summer's day outfit. The two shades I received were CHUFFED and CHEEKY CHOPS. Chuffed is a stunning orange glitter with golden flecks of glitter running throughout. The glitters would complement a gorgeous golden cheekbone highlight - matching nail colour to makeup can really help to enhance your favourite features. As this polish is a glitter, application requires two thin coats to achieve a full opaque coverage. Cheeky chops is bright yellow; it is slightly toned down which makes it more wearable for those not brave enough to rock a crazy fluorescent number. This shade achieves opaque perfection with a single light coat, leaving a glossy finish. Butter London nail varnishes contain vitamins that aid nail strength - something I definitely need with my poor stubby excuses for nails! They also provide a consistent, smooth layer on the nail.  




Liquid lipsticks are an evergrowing trend among the beauty lovers out there; I am a huge fan of this trend - who wouldn't want moisturized, opaque lips in the simple swipe of an applicator? The two shades I received are La Moss and Primrose Hill Picnic. La Moss is a burgundy, red-wine - the coverage lays between an opaque matte lipstick and a lipgloss with a formula rich in shea butter, creating a beautiful moisturized feel on the lips. Primrose Hill Picnic is a tropical pink - I'd say it is in between a fuschia and 'Barbie' pink. The underlying blue tones allow the product to compliment my cool skin tone, which is always a bonus on vibrant colours you are a bit tentative to wear in public. This shade would look insane on holiday - it reminds me all the tropical flowers you would see on a secluded, exotic island. You can tell I've got eternal holiday blues!!!

Don't forget to head over to Butter London to check out all their cosmetics range, as well are their very-loved varnishes. Let me know what you think of them.

Which lip colour is your favourite? Do you own any products from Butter London?

Lots of love

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is in collaboration with Butter London, however all opinions are honest and my own.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
Wondering what style of flower bouquets you'll choose for your big day?
Done